5.09.2010

favorite things (three): mom

I don't have a collection of moms, but I have my collections because of my mom. No question. Pitchers and vases, pears and fabric. My mom knows how to put it all together (sometimes with thumb tacks and safety pins but it always looks fantastic).






















I wouldn't be here without her, but frankly, neither would this blog. My mom, more than anyone, taught me about color and contrast, lines and shadows. She's the best present wrapper, house decorator and granola pancake maker I know. She believed in make-believe with me, let me stay up late to watch kittens be born and made tiny dolls for me and my friend Sophie when we were awesome nefarious kids (Sophie was more bad, for the record). She gave me bangs, taught me to love calico (cats & fabric), didn't let me get out of the car until the Beatles song was over, is my best critic and advocate, and dressed me in that awesome poncho (see photo above). I totally love her. And while today is just a day, it's a good day to note how much of me is from her. And how much I love her. In my bones and in my soul and in all of my best moments. Love love love. All you need is.
xo, momma, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment