2.08.2010

Oh! hello, Love.

I made my own wedding invitations and used that as an excuse to talk about not making valentine's day cards this year. But old habits die hard. I've been making valentine's day cards (en mass) for 8 years now, which is about as religious as I've ever been about anything and frankly, I love it. So, why stop now.























I set off to make them on Sunday, late, but you know what they say about things being better late. Then the craft store in Middlebury was closed. On Sunday. Sunday. God's day, and also my official day for "making things." I try not to take it personally.

Luckily, the co-op was open, and there was this potato for sale.

I make do.





Can you read this?
That's a problem.
Can you guess why?
That's right.
Potatoes must be carved in reverse,
charming as "!ho olleh evol" might look.



Like that. Luckily, it was a 2.14lb potato. Plenty of love to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment