4.03.2009

Little Houses

My mom got me a great sewing book ("Liberating Quiltmaking") for my birthday. The cover is pretty cheesy, but inside there are some great ideas for altering the rules of traditional quilts - old designs with a free-form approach - much more appealing to me. I got the idea for little house villages from it.

Yesterday I bought some spring fabric and started making some little houses. After lining the pieces up, as I started sewing, I couldn't get that song out of my head...

Little boxes on the hillside,

Little boxes made of ticky tacky

Little boxes on the hillside,

Little boxes all the same.

There's a green one and a pink one

And a blue one and a yellow one,

And they're all made out of ticky tacky

And they all look just the same.
***

They take a while, but I'll post the finished quilt when it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment